Monday, December 05, 2016

Countdown to Christmas


It's been a few days already... I was unable to post due to lack of connection at my place.

We had to cheat a little since I didn't have everything I needed to go ahead with the Advent Calendar project from 1st December. We put everything together on Saturday morning instead. Here is the calendar in the making: I bought an assortment of Canson strong paper and cut stars for each day until 24 December.


Then I wrapped items that I thought could be useful in any household in pieces of wax print and hung one under each star.


The idea is that every day, we'll remove the gift and hang a Christmas decoration instead. Since the gift for 1st December was a bucket, we'll fill it with every gift we remove from the wall. As soon as possible after 24 December, we'll wrap the bucket nicely and take it to a Catholic sisters' dispensary for them to decide who among the underprivileged young mothers they help could best benefit from our effort.

1 December was an empty bucket.


2 December was powdered milk.


3 December was corned beef.


4 December was tinned tomato.


Now that we've caught up with the actual calendar, I will post pictures of the bucket being filled every day too.


No comments: